5% Property Management
Half price management on all new properties for the first 3 months
We provide market leading property management for our landlords. We can say this due to some real GAME CHANGERS we have brought and continue to bring to property management in the North East lettings market:
We have been voted the number 1 Letting and Estate agent for customer reviews on allAgents in our area, the UK’s largest directory of reviews
At NGU Homelettings we all work hard and want to be the best in the industry. I personally pride myself on my work ethic, high standards and my relentless will to succeed. I work from 5:00am in the morning till 7:30pm at night. This work ethic is upheld by both my staff and I and has allowed me to categorically answer the top 8 questions you should ask an agent to find out if they are a market leading property management company.
Top 8 questions you should ask an agent to find out if they are a market leading property management company
1) What do your online customer reviews say about you?
Answer - they voted us the number 1 agent!
2) Are you a member of any regulated organisation unlike an average run of the mill letting agent?
Answer - we are proud to be a member of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA). There are only a handful of letting agents in the North East who are a member of this.
3) How long have you been doing this work?
Answer - we started the company in 2007 and like you we are landlords ourselves so we have a profound understanding of this business. We currently own over 150 properties and we started NGU Homelettings because we felt that there was a gap in the market for a letting agent who was not just your average 9 to 5. We offer longer opening hours to allow more enquires to be captured and give personalised feedback to landlords when a property becomes empty. Operationally we have broken down the company into specific parts.
Regional Portfolio Managers
By having regional portfolio managers it allows continuity of contact between you the landlord, your tenants and your property. This is essential and allows us to have complete knowledge of your property from start to finish by having one point of outbound contact.
For example, a property in the Middlesbrough region will have one point of contact.
The same portfolio manager will do:
-Tenant viewings when vacant
-Home visits on new tenants
-Tenant move ins and inventories
-6 month and 12 month reviews
-Basic maintenance from the 6 month and 12 month reviews
-Basic rental issues
-First meets and final move outs.
As you can see the same portfolio manager will have built up a relationship with your tenant and will know the condition of your property from the very start of the tenancy to the end.
Our outbound portfolio managers are supported by our specialist departmental team. By structuring the company this way, it allows us to have a specialist support team that is solely dedicated to their own areas of expertise.
- Reactive maintenance calls from your tenants - we have 2 members of the team waiting to receive any maintenance calls from your tenants.
- Rent - we have 2 members of the team ready to deal with any rental problems that may arise during a tenancy agreement. This is key when you are dealing with the level of detail that is needed with local housing benefit tenants. A detailed understanding of how local housing benefits works and good relations with the different councils is essential.
- Evictions - we have 1 team member whose expertise is knowing the law when it comes to evicting your tenant. We have a 100% success rate and have never failed to obtain possession of a property.
- Outbound Maintenance and Development - we have 3 team members whose sole jobs are to develop any vacant properties or any large developments/ maintenance issues that require expert project management. By having this specific department it allows us to turn your property around in the quickest time frame and resolves any issues that may affect your property when tenanted.
This company structure allows each individual team member to be an expert in their field as opposed to the traditional letting agent model where staff performance is expected to be acceptable in each area rather than excellent in a specific role.
4) What qualifications do you hold?
Answer - we have committed to put every one of our staff members through the Association of Residential Letting Agents training program. At the end of the year every member of the team will have an industry recognised qualification. I do not know of any other letting agent in the North East which is committing to something like this.
5) How big is your lettings operation?
Answer - we encourage any new landlord to speak to us and come to our head office so you can see the scale of our operation. We have 17 different team members who are here to make sure your investment property is looked after. If you would like to speak to some of our current landlords to see what they think, please do.
6) Can you provide me with any evidence/stats that demonstrate your performance?
Answer - this is where most letting agents will just fill you with sales talk. I like to sum it up with the most important fact that affects all landlords-money in your back pocket!
RENT IN 2014-
-Rents up 3% in a falling North-East market.
-99.9% rent collection within one month of being due.
-Collection of historic arrears from previous tenancies. Rent collected vs expected rent was 100.4% (we recovered historic debt when taking on sitting tenants).
7) How much do your services cost?
Answer - we offer half price management to any new landlord as a way of showing what we can do. For the first 6 months the management fee is half price at 5% plus VAT.
8) Is it difficult or time consuming to transfer my property across from my current letting agent?
Answer - NO! we will do all of the running around for you to make the process hassle free!
Full Management Service – Management Fees
Standard Rental Property – 10% +VAT (12% Inclusive of VAT)
HMO – 15% +VAT (18% Inclusive of VAT)
*Special offer on all new properties introduced = 5% discount for the first 3 months
Help and advice from our experienced and friendly team is just one step away: