- If your current loft insulation is below 10 mm thick you can get this fitted for free if your tenant in on housing benefits.
Landlord selective licence areas
- The Newcastle upon Tyne council in areas such as Arhurs Hill and Benwell are currently offering landlords a free grant of £150.00 to install hard wired smoke alarms.
Newcastle Private Rental Sector
- If your property is void for more than 6 months you qualify for a FREE grant up to £2,000 to develop it (FREE MONEY NOT LOAN).
Sunderland Selective Licence Areas
- The Sunderland council are currently offering a cluster loan up to £5,000.00 for a property which has been empty for more than 6 months subject to inspection (Free money or sometimes they ask you to match the amount).
- The Durham council in set postcodes are offering up to £15,000 interest free loans on any property that has been empty for 6 months to home buyers and landlords to refurbish them.
These loans will be available across the country and not just in the North East. Make sure you contact your local council to see how you can benefit on your rental properties.
Investment property that will run itself letting you do the things that you enjoy