Do you like to have your cake and eat it?
When refurbing property I think you’re looking for two things:
- Creating something that WOW’s your customers (your tenants) so you can charge more and have a wider choice of tenants to choose from.
- Making sure the money you spend lasts, so you don’t have to do it again!
If that refurb was a cake what would it be? I’d hope it would be ever so sweet and tastes incredible!
That’s what we try to do on every refurb. We’re always looking for simple things to create WOW moments:
- Make wood cladding on-trend with Regal green’s
- Your bathroom is one of the biggest selling points – marble effect tiles will blow your tenants away!
- Carpets – Noble heathers don’t cost the earth and will last longer
On the other side of that coin, you need to think about how your tenants will use your property and what you can do to minimise damage / wear and tear:
- Hard tread matting at the front door – to stop your carpets from being wrecked by encouraging tenants to wipe their feet
- The dining room laminated rather than carpeted to prevent staining
- Doorstops – wherever there’s an external door you need a doorstop to protect your walls
Chris, one of our directors did a video covering all of these points on a recent refurb:
You know what though we don’t do this for the benefit of our health, we do it to make more money for you.
The property we did this refurb on went from £425 rent to £695, some of that was due to the market moving higher, but as you can see the finish was amazing meaning we could charge a lot more!
So my question is – do you want your cake and eat it?
If so give us a bell!
For any sales, lettings or refurb help:
- Contact us today by phone or email to move your property to us.
- We’ll contact your letting agent to ensure a seamless tenant transfer, including the deposit, keys and all paperwork.
- We’ll contact your tenant to resolve any rent, maintenance or refurbishment issues you have, arranging a property visit if required.
- We’ll begin the process of maximising your income and wealth.